Legal Counsel – Sports Broadcaster- Greater West LondonLondon, UK | Full Time
Consultant: Liam Taaffe
My client is a leading Sports Broadcaster with unrivalled access and expertise in the broadcast production and a ground-breaking direct-to-consumer digital subscription streaming service for World Tours. The company delivers an end to end solution for global broadcasters incorporating host production and global delivery for world finals in multiple countries.
Drafting, reviewing and leading or assisting negotiations on:
- media rights agreements;
- technical, facilities and service contracts relating to production and delivery of content;
- general supplier agreements for the business.
- Assisting the General Counsel with managing the company’s regulatory obligations;
- Advising on media and commercial regulatory changes that may affect the business (notably Covid19, EU Regulations/Directives and the impact of Brexit);
- Assisting the General Counsel in managing and running commercial tender processes; and
- Advising a variety of stakeholders, internal and external, and working with all areas of the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Between 1 – 4 years PQE.
- Previous in-house experience (via permanent role or secondment) preferred.
- Preferably City trained and currently practicing at a Sports Law Firm.
- Be confident and a self-starter able to use initiative.
- Have excellent drafting and negotiating skills whilst being highly commercially aware.
- Have a broad range of experience across both commercial and regulatory sectors.
- Experience working on the exploitation of sports media rights and content.
- Ability to articulate complex legal matters to various stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Be personable and easy-going yet hard-working and driven to progress within the Company.
For more details please contact Liam Taaffe at EMEA.LEGAL – firstname.lastname@example.org