This notice sets out how we will use your personal data in compliance with your rights under Articles 13 and/or 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
EMEA Legal is fully committed to protecting and respecting your privacy including all the personal data which you provide to us.
Our website might include information hyperlinks to third party websites. However, EMEA Legal is not legally responsible for the privacy practices of others, and for your safe judgment, we advise you to review their privacy policies.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 your data protection rights are set out in the notice below.
Who we are and what we do:
Your personal information will be held in the strictest of confidence by EMEA Legal which is the controller of this information. This also includes when it is collected or processed by third parties on our behalf. On some occasions, candidates may directly provide EMEA Legal with their personal data, i.e. CV application or registration/contact us section on our website and social media platforms, or we may collect your details from another source such as an advertising/branding campaign, jobs board, and social media platforms.
We must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with job-finding services, information relating to roles relevant to you, or other market intelligence (such as salary surveys and market intelligent reports) may be utilised. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following privacy statement.
Collection and use of personal data
- Personal candidate and/or client contact details which you provide upon registering with EMEA Legal such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses, employment history, qualifications, and academics, including personal interests.
- Date of birth, gender, and ethnicity.
- Any information you have provided to us during an interview – proof of ID (e.g. passport, driving licence, utility bill as proof of address).
- Any information included in the application form.
- Records of correspondence with us.
- Confirmation of your security clearance. This can include passport details, nationality details, and information about convictions/allegations of criminal behaviour.
- Records from documents showing your entitlements to work in the UK.
- When you access our website, we might collect your browsing records such as IP-address, access times, the sites linked from, pages visited, the links and features used, the content viewed or requested, browser or application type, language, and other such information. If you contact us over the phone certain additional information, such as your phone number, may be sent to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
If you want to stop receiving updates about our activities or invitations to participate in EMEA Legal research, surveys or events please email email@example.com
Under the DPA 2018 and the GDPR, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. Further information is available from the ICO on making a request – Guidance and Resources. If you wish to find out what personal data, if any, we hold about you or if you wish to exercise any of your other privacy rights, you can contact our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org To enable us to process your request as quickly as possible, we will need you to provide us with your name, contact details, a valid form of identification and a short description of the nature of the information you are seeking, relevant time periods, specific documents or a business area or name of an individual who may have created or have access to that information.
If you are interested in learning more about your privacy rights, you can find more information on the Information Commissioner website.
How to contact us